Saturday, May 14, 2016

Another Challenge...the Trinket box

I'm writing this post on my phone so I'll keep the explanation short.
Basically, the challenge was to change this trinket box into whatever we wanted to. The host of this project is Beth at realitydaydream.com

I started by taking the two hinges off and cutting the top off one side and the bottom off the other.


You can see them more clearly in the pic below. I then taped off all the parts I wanted to remain wood.

 I had left over concrete from my table that I redid and so I mixed up a little bit and applied 2 coats. 

 (I did connect the two sides with one longer piece of wood cut to length and placed the scraps I cut off the ends in the middle so the wood would look the same.)

So, here's what it looked like after the concrete coats and sanding. 
 Then, I taped off a pattern on each planter section to paint.
 I painted 3 sections white and 1 gold. Then used my concrete sealer that I used on my table for the planters so they'd be water proof. Last, I used wood sealer for the surrounding wood.

And here is the finished planter...I'm pretty excited how it turned out. Such a fun challenge.



No comments: