Tuesday, November 22, 2016

BYE BYE ugly Track Lights, well kind of...

In our Fontana Home we had this ugly track lighting for 10 years! Yes, 10 years! I had wanted to do something with it for a really long time but my hubby kept saying it was fine and this house would eventually be a rental and I didn't need to put time or money into it. Well, he then decided that he didn't want it as a rental and that it would be better to sell it. Now, we needed to make the lighting look nice and attract buyers. 

So with $25 I was able to transform this...






to this!


Doesn't it look so much better? I can't believe I didn't just do it before. It was so easy and took about 3 hours total (minus drying time for the stain on the wood and paint on the track lighting). 

1. I bought the really cheap fencing boards from Home Depot in 2 different widths
2. I cut them all to length. 
3. I stained the boards with some stain I already had.
4. I nailed the boards to the ceiling alternating the board widths
5. After I spray painted the tracks I reattached them back to the old wiring.

 **I pulled the wiring through a 1" hole I had marked and drilled out of the wood piece that went right above the track lighting wire box** 

So simple yet makes a huge difference. 

Here are some more images that were taken when we were selling the house. 




I just wish I could have lived with it like this for more than just a month :(

No comments: