Thursday, September 4, 2014

Towel Loops


If you have small children like me, you may get frustrated about the whole towel situation. I absolutely despise towel bars. Who can honestly keep the towels on them perfectly folded and hanging straight? I can't and my 2 and 4 year old for sure can't. I have come up with a solution to the problem. You have to have a towel rack with hooks though. Towels can be easily hung on hooks, but if you have different shaped hooks or really cute decorative hooks that you want to be seen, this is for you.

You need to buy a wash cloth that somewhat matches your towels, or not, it's totally up to you.
 Cut the two sides of the washcloth off, leaving the top and bottom.
 Then, cut your washcloth into 3 or 4 strips. This is all up to you whether you want your loops thicker or a little more thin.
 Take one of the strips and fold it in half long ways with the good side of the washcloth folded towards each other. Sew a straight line down the strip connecting the open portion.
Then comes the fun part, flip your strips right side out.  
 I then, fold my towel in half long ways along with my wash cloth strip. Wherever the middle is on both pieces line them up on one of the sides of the towel (make sure the washcloth is being sewn on the backside of the towel). You can measure out the middle as well, I find this way just as affective though. Then sew two rectangles down the wash cloth on both sides, leaving a center portion open enough for whatever hooks you are going to hang it on.
I know this is a different towel, but I had this picture already available and I'm using it. This shows how the washcloth should be connected to the towel at this point.
 Cut all the extra threads and your towel is ready to hang. Also, hooded towels are great to hang on hooks as well, but you just can't see the hook like the looped towels. See the horrible phone pic below for comparison.
The looped towels will always stay hung and centered, making it super easy for your kids to get those towels hung and off the floor.

No comments: