Friday, September 19, 2014

Bye bye Baby!!

This isn't much of a tutorial. It's really hard to explain how to reupholster. 
 
This is a baby swing that converts into a little rocking chair once your child gets big enough. Our swing portion is in the attic so all you see here is the rocker. Don't you just love how all baby things come in little pastel colors with cute little animals on them!! Just kidding, I hate it. Why don't they make it more neutral to match house décor so that it doesn't clash? It's obviously for a baby when you see that it is pint size! Anyways, enough with my rant...
 
Adios Green elephant (what the green???)and Orange lion.
 
 
 
 
Basically, for reupholstering something you seam rip/take apart every piece, lay it flat on your new fabric, pin and cut. Here I started pinning pieces, there were probably 12-14 pieces total. Then, you sew it all back together again. Word of advice...take a ton of pics so that you know how each piece fits back together. It saves a lot of time and it's fail proof. Here is a pic of the fabric I got to cover the rocker. I got 1.5 yards and used about 3/4 of it. I got it at Joann's with a 50% coupon so I think I paid like $12.
 
(Also, don't look at all the stains on the yellow fabric, it's disgusting and it was just a kick start for me to actually start this project.)
 
Here it is...the new and improved Baby Rocker!

The clamps were a little hard to sew on the new fabric, but using an 18 gauge needle did the trick. 


No comments: